In order to participate in an experiment session, you need to follow
- Get an "Access Code" for the experiment session from your
An access code is your instructor's e-mail address followed by a
'-' and a short code. So the access code is something like
'your_instructor@your_college.edu-code' (in the U.S.) or
'your_instructor@your_college.ac.uk-code' (in the U.K.).
- Enter your access code in the area labelled "Subject Access" on
the left side of this screen near the top of the page.
- At this point you should see a list of the experiments that your
instructor has available.
- If your instructor has one or more experiments scheduled
for the access code, each experiment that is currently
accepting connections will have a small 'rocket' icon in
the 'Status' column and a button that says "Join
Experiment" in the "Actions" column. Click on the
'Join Experiment' button.
- If your instructor has no experiment session scheduled
and has no experiment session already completed with the
access code that you enter, nothing happens when you
enter the access code. Check with your instructor for
- After you click on the 'Join Experiment' button, you may get
a 'File Download' dialog box. If you see this dialog box,
click on 'Open'.
- Enter a user name in the box that appears.
- At this point, you'll see a message that says "Waiting for session
start signal from server ...". The session will start when your
instructor begins the session.